Ici, ailleurs, Marseille, 2013
Just what is it that makes The end of the world so appealing?, Shanghai, 2012
Museum of the World (Extract), "Xinghua market", 2012
Circles steel and white Leds
40 x 300
Ø 3 M
un projet de Djamel Kokene
a project by Djamel Kokene
Djamel Kokene, artiste français d'origine algérienne, en résidence à Shanghai dans le cadre du projet de recherche « création et mondialisation » de l'École Offshore (Ecole nationale supérieure d'art de Nancy, ARTEM), présente « Musée du Monde (extrait) », une installation qui invite à redécouvrir un marché de quartier en donnant à voir chaque étal de viande, de poissons ou de légumes, comme autant de moments d'exposition du monde.
Djamel Kokene, French artist of Algerian origin, takes part of the "development and globalization" research project of the Offshore School (National Art School of Nancy, ARTEM) and presents "Museum of the World (Extract)", an installation invites us to rediscover a neighborhood market by showing each stall meat, fish or vegetables, such as moments of exposure of the world.
Comme un interdit, Paris, 2012
Group Exhibition / 5 to 23 December 2012
Comme invest in us. You'll strike gold, BROTkunsthalle, Vienne (Autriche), 2012
EXHIBITION 7/09 - 2/11 2012 (Group show)
“Come Invest in Us. You’ll Strike Gold,” refers to the words spoken by Algerian President Abdelaziz Bouteflika after being elected for the first time in 1999. As much as this was an economic promise addressed to his country, it was also a seductive wink to foreign investors. Since then, entrepreneurs have indeed honored his invitation with the heavy support of various international governments.
Based on artist Djamel Kokene’s eponymous work, Come Invest in Us. You’ll Strike Gold – The Exhibition scrutinizes the scope of Western, as well as Arab, economic and financial interests at stake in the MENA region, interests that the recent popular uprisings and concurrent international political gamesmanship and strategic maneuvering have only made more blatant.
Diana Wiegersma, Curated By Diana
Museum of the World "Extract", Shanghai, 2012
EXHIBITION from 06/18 to 07/2 2012 (solo show)
RESTANCE (LITTLE PATCH OF YELLOW WALL), URBAIN ACTION, 2012
"Restance (Small Yellow Section of wall) ", by Djamel Kokene, on 2012.
Urban intervention. Djamel Kokene offers us a new work by recovering of yellow paint a house in ruin, ultimate vestige of a district in construction site.
Evoking his work, he says ": What interests me here, through this gesture of covering, it is so much the paradoxical character between the flashy visual effect
and the status of ruin, that the possibility of producing here an oscillating shape between archaeological object, unusual object and object of perception.
Beyond Memory, Museum Of The Seam, Jerusalem, Israel, 2012
EXHIBITION 3/23 - 12/30 2012 (Group show)
ollowing the repression and under the shadows
Une chaînette relie toutes les pendeloques et forme le corps principal de l’objet, Mains d’OEuvres, Saint-Ouen (France)
EXHIBITION from 05/11 to 07/1 2012 (Group Show)
- Figures du voile, La Fabrique – Le Cube, Toulouse, France (curated by Cendrine Krempp) 14/03 5/04 2012
- Situation Z, Arcade, Grand Bain-Douche de la Plaine, Marseille, France (curated by Stephen Wright) 01/11 - 10/12 2011
- Souvenir d’un souvenir 2 #: la forme du temps, In « Conte et performance », Hôtel Particulier Montmartre, Paris, France (curated by Mehdi Brit), 7/11/2011
- Anniversaire, "Ping Pong vidéo 20 #", Le Bel Ordinaire, Espace d’Art Contemporain, Pau, France (curated by Thibault Capéran) 8/11/2011
- Al Ghaib (aesthetics of the disapearance), Maraya Art Center Museum, Sharjah, Emirats Arabes Unis, 14/03 - 1/06 2011
- New Work from France #2, The Art Gallery of Hamilton Museum, Hamilton, Canada (curated by Thomas J.Lax and Studio Harlem Museum) 5/02 - 23/05 2011
- New Work from France #1, Studio Museum Harlem, New York, USA (curated by Thomas J.Lax) 1/04 - 27/06 2010